(493) Paintbox Double Knit Scarf
This was so much fun to knit, I had to force myself to stop! Two-layer double-knitting in a negative/positive design with the added zest of textured, contrasting Reverse Stocking Stitch motifs.
Easy to memorize, and a blast to knit. Impress your friends and baffle your enemies with this beauty!
The pattern features detailed written instructions and charts as well as helpful diagrams. See my instructional DVD, Double Knitting Delight, to help you learn the wonder of double-layered knitting.
An accompanying YouTube video is available.
The Paintbox Scarf pictured was knit using 75g of Kauni EQ-Spectrum and 75g of Kauni NN1-Oatmeal.
This scarf is also available as a kit.
- Designer: Lucy Neatby
- Size: 6" wide, length adjustable
- Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
- Techniques Used: Two-colour double layer knitting in Stocking and Reverse Stocking Stitch, with the option to use a Tubular Cast-On, Tubular Bind-Off.
- Recommended Yarn: 75g each of two colours of Kauni Effektgarn (one solid, one variegated)
- Price: $ 7.00
- Watch Video
Fixing Common Double Knit Errors (50.1 MB)
Reverse Stocking Stitch Double-Knitting (79.9 MB)
Tubular Bind-off And Darning Ends In Double Layer Knitting (52.5 MB)